New HMRC Gift Aid declaration forms AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis Howard Lake | 31 October 2008 | News 26 total views, 1 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis Tagged with: Law / policy legacies Charity law specialists Bates Wells & Braithwaite have advised their clients that HMRC have amended their pro forma Gift Aid declarations. These now reflect the reduction in basic rate tax to 20p in the pound and transitional relief.Stephen Lloyd wrote: “Charities may wish to update their gift aid declarations accordingly”. He added that: “It is always worth remembering that wrongly phrased gift aid declarations can be declared as invalid by HMRC and as a result you could be required to repay your gift aid claims back to HMRC!”Existing donors do not need to sign the updated version. “Declarations that reflect the updated pro formas should only be necessary for donations not already covered by an existing valid gift aid declaration”, added Lloyd.www.bwbllp.com About Howard Lake Howard Lake is a digital fundraising entrepreneur. Publisher of UK Fundraising, the world’s first web resource for professional fundraisers, since 1994. Trainer and consultant in digital fundraising. Founder of Fundraising Camp and co-founder of GoodJobs.org.uk. Researching massive growth in giving.
News Help by sharing this information RSF_en Organisation Less press freedom than ever in Egypt, 10 years after revolution February 1, 2021 Find out more February 6, 2021 Find out more EgyptMiddle East – North Africa EgyptMiddle East – North Africa News April 13, 2007 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Call to French president to lobby President Mubarak about press freedom January 22, 2021 Find out more to go further Receive email alerts Reporters Without Borders called today on French President Jacques Chirac to urge his Egyptian counterpart, Hosni Mubarak, to expand press freedom and release from prison blogger Abdel Kareem Nabil Suleiman (“Kareem Ameer”) and journalist Abd al-Munim Gamal al-Din Abd al-Munim when Mubarak visits France on 15 April.“Egypt throws journalists and cyber-dissidents in jail and censors what they write to stifle the media and online activity,” the worldwide press freedom organisation said. “Egypt is one of France’s main economic partners in the region, but this partnership must include discussion about democratic reforms, which are not being made through lack of political will.“Mubarak’s government continually abuses press freedom by silencing independent voices,“ it said. “The president refuses to reform the press law and give more guarantees to media workers, whose job is made dangerous by the existence of 35 offences for which they can be sent to prison, including up to five years for ‘false news,’ defaming the president or foreign heads of state and ‘undermining national institutions’ such as parliament and the army. Kareem Amer was arrested on 6 November last year after posting articles on his blog www.karam903.blogspot.com denouncing government abuses and criticising the country’s religious institutions, especially the Sunni Al-Azhar University, where he studied law. He was sentenced on 22 February this year to three years in prison for “incitement to hatred of Islam” and one year for “insulting” Mubarak. Reporters Without Borders is also very concerned about Abd al-Munim Gamal al-Din Abd al-Munim, of the twice-weekly Islamist paper Al-Shaab, organ of the Labour Party (Hizb al-Amal), who was arrested by state security (SSI) agents at his home in 1993. He was tried that year in the prosecution of the Islamist group Talia al Fatah and in February 1999 in a case about people expelled from Albania, but was cleared in both. However, the authorities refuse to give any information about him. News Detained woman journalist pressured by interrogator, harassed by prison staff News Al Jazeera journalist Mahmoud Hussein back home after four years in prison Follow the news on Egypt
June 4, 2021 Find out more News to go further Europe – Central Asia June 8, 2021 Find out more In a landmark decision on 24 November, the Court of Justice of the European Union has ruled that generalized Internet filtering violates the fundamental rights of European citizens including the right to the free flow of information online. Protection of copyright cannot be protected at the expense of the protection of other basic rights such freedom of information and privacy, the court said.“We welcome the Court of Justice’s interpretation of EU directives, because it stresses that freedom of information is fundamental and it protects European citizens from abusive copyright protection legislation,” Reporters Without Borders said. “European governments must take note of this decision and must abandon plans for Internet filtering legislation.“European parliamentarians, who are to discuss EU adoption of the ACTA by the end of December, should also heed this ruling, which says a balance must be struck between the protection of copyright and the protection of fundamental rights including freedom of information and the confidentiality of personal data.”Reporters Without Borders added: “We also hope that this ruling will have an impact outside Europe, especially in the United States, where the draconian Stop Online Piracy Act is currently under consideration.”The court issued its interpretation at the request of a Brussels appeal court in an action that SABAM (the Belgian Society of Authors, Composers and Editors of Musical Works) brought against Scarlet Extended, an Internet Service Provider, over Scarlet’s refusal to use filtering or blocking to prevent illegal downloading of music to which SABAM has the copyright.The court was asked to decide whether EU directives allow member states “to order an ISP to install, for all its customers, in abstracto and as a preventive measure, exclusively at the cost of that ISP and for an unlimited period, a system for filtering all electronic communications (…) in order to identify on its network the movement of electronic files containing a musical, cinematographic or audio-visual work in respect of which the applicant claims to hold rights, and subsequently to block the transfer of such files.” The Court of Justice ruled that such a generalized system of surveillance is not permitted. It said national courts must respect a directive “which prohibits national authorities from adopting measures which would require an ISP to carry out general monitoring of the information that it transmits on its network.”Paragraph 52 rules that such a filtering system “could potentially undermine freedom of information since that system might not distinguish adequately between unlawful content and lawful content, with the result that its introduction could lead to the blocking of lawful communications.” Paragraphs 43 and 44 of the ruling note that while the right to intellectual property must be protected, “there is however nothing (…) to suggest that that right is inviolable and must for that reason be absolutely protected.” On the contrary, its protection “must be balanced against the protection of other fundamental rights.” Paragraph 45 adds: “National authorities and courts must strike a fair balance between the protection of copyright and the protection of the fundamental rights of individuals who are affected by such measures.”Paragraphs 48 and 49 rule that forcing an ISP to install a complicated, costly filtering system would violate the requirement to strike a fair balance between protection of intellectual property rights and the ISP’s freedom to conduct a business.The court has thereby recognized the impact of Internet filtering on freedom of expression and freedom of information. This is a crucial step forward for the defence of Internet freedom as all EU member states will have to accept this interpretation.Hailing the court’s ruling, French MEP Françoise Castex said it had “applied the brakes to the practice of filtering that prevails in Europe,” a practice which, she said, “sacrifices fundamental freedoms on the altar of intellectual property.” “We’ll hold Ilham Aliyev personally responsible if anything happens to this blogger in France” RSF says RSF calls for a fully transparent investigation after mine kills two journalists in Azerbaijan Help by sharing this information News Receive email alerts Related documents PRESS RELEASE No 126/11PDF – 46.46 KB Respect judicial independence in cases of two leading journalists in Serbia and Montenegro, RSF says Follow the news on Europe – Central Asia June 7, 2021 Find out more Europe – Central Asia News Organisation November 28, 2011 – Updated on January 20, 2016 EU court says Internet filtering violates freedom of information News RSF_en
Pinterest Pinterest Facebook Twitter Facebook WhatsApp By Digital AIM Web Support – February 19, 2021 Twitter FILE – In this November 2019, file photo provided by Chesa Boudin, San Francisco District Attorney Chesa Boudin, second from left, is shown with his now-wife Valerie Block, far left, his father David Gilbert, and mother Kathy Boudin, right at Wende Correctional Facility in Alden, N.Y. Gilbert, 76, is serving a 75 years-to-life sentence for an Oct. 20, 1981 Brink’s armored truck robbery in Rockland County, N.Y., that left a guard and two police officers dead nearly forty years ago. San Francisco’s District Attorney, Boudin and other allies are lobbying New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo for Gilbert’s release stemming from an incident that was considered one of the last gasps of 1960’s radicalism. TAGS Prosecutor son seeks father’s release in fatal Brink’s heist Local NewsUS News WhatsApp Previous articleEverbridge annuncia di essersi aggiudicata cinque contratti relativi alle soluzioni Public Warning con società di trasmissioni wireless, governi e Stati finalizzati alla protezione delle persone e delle aziende in Europa e in AsiaNext articleWilliams career-high 32 sparks WSU to romp over Cal 82-51 Digital AIM Web Support
Pinterest Previous articleClosing prices for crude oil, gold and other commoditiesNext articleCity beats Burnley 2-0, restores 3-point lead in EPL Odessa American Facebook TAGS A 36-year old man was arrested after he reportedly fatally shot a 33-year-old man on the west side of Odessa.Raymond Phillip Moseley, 36, was charged with murder, a first-degree felony.Officers responded to Medical Center Hospital at 2:25 a.m. Wednesday about a gunshot victim, an Odessa Police Department press release stated. The victim was identified as 33-year-old Justin Payne.Officers reportedly made contact with Moseley. Investigation showed that Mosley shot Payne after a disturbance occurred in the area of Eighth Street and Harless Avenue. Payne was transported to MCH and later pronounced deceased by medical personnel.Moseley was arrested, charged and transported to the Ector County Law Enforcement Center. He has one bond totaling $150,000 and he was still in custody as of Wednesday afternoon, jail record show.Next of kin have been notified and the investigation continues. Pinterest WhatsApp Man charged in fatal shooting By Odessa American – March 4, 2021 Facebook Twitter Local News Twitter WhatsApp
Widow Convicted In A Murder Case Eligible For Family Pension Since The Case Doesn’t Relate To Husband’s Death: Punjab & Haryana High Court
Final investment decision of the Sangomar oil field development is subject to approval of the final field development and exploitation plan Image: Woodside plans to make final investment decision for Sangomar field later this month. Photo: courtesy of C Morrison from Pixabay. Australia’s Woodside Petroleum and its partners have submitted development and exploitation plan for the Sangomar field, formerly known as SNE, located offshore Senegal, to the Senegal government.Located in the Sangomar Deep Offshore block, 100km south of Dakar, the SNE project will be the first offshore oil development in the African country should it receive approval and move ahead with its execution.The final development and exploitation plan outlines the full field development in multiple phases.The first phase of the offshore Senegal oil field development will involve the drilling of up to 23 oil production wells using a floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) facility with a production capacity of around 100,000 barrels per day of crude oil.The FPSO will enable the integration of subsequentdevelopment phases for the Sangomar oil field, as well as future subsea tie-backsfrom other reservoirs and fields.Final investment decision for Sangomar field expected later this monthWoodside said that the field’s final investment decision, which is expected to be taken later this month, is subject to securing approval for final field development and exploitation plan from the Senegal government, as well as joint venture approvals.Woodside CEO Peter Coleman said: “The submission of the Exploitation Plan and authorisation request is the culmination of front-end engineering design activities. These are the final documents required by the Government ahead of granting approval to proceed.”Scheduled to commence production in 2023, the field is expected to produce 645 million barrels of oil equivalent (mmboe) including 485mmbbl of oil and 160mmboe of gas.In August 2019, Woodside Energy (Senegal) awarded nine conditional contracts to Halliburton for drilling and completion services for phase 1 of the SNE field development project.The contracts were for drilling, logging, cementing, lower completions, e-line/slick line, coiled tubing and well testing services.Woodside holds a 35% stake in the Rufisque Offshore, Sangomar Offshore and Sangomar Deep Offshore (RSSD) joint venture, which will develop the SNE oil project. The other partners in the joint venture are Cairn Energy Senegal (40%), FAR (15%) and Senegal national oil company Petrosen (10%). Woodside is also the operator of Sangomar.
IU Qualifies Seven Individuals, One Relay for Finals at NCAA Championships MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. – The No. 3-ranked Indiana University men’s swimming and diving team qualified seven individuals and one relay for Saturday night finals at the 2018 NCAA Championships at the Jean K. Freeman Aquatic Center in Minneapolis, Minn.IU will have four individuals and one relay in Championship Finals on the final night of the NCAA Championships. The Hoosiers sit atop the team standings with a total of 325 points. Texas is second with 306 points, while California is third with 291.5.200 BackstrokeIU’s Mohamed Samy qualified 13th overall and will swim in the Consolation Final of the 200 backstroke after touching the wall with a time of 1:40.01.100 FreestyleSenior Blake Pieroni continued his record-breaking week at the NCAA Championships, crushing his own Big Ten and school record in the 100 freestyle with a time of 41.16. Pieroni will be the No. 2 seed for the Championship Final.Freshman Bruno Blaskovic posted a personal-best time of 41.99 to qualify for the Consolation Final of the 100 freestyle. Blaskovic’s time is the seventh-best in school history.200 BreaststrokeIan Finnerty will be the No. 1 seed for tonight’s Championship Final of the 200 breaststroke after recording a 1:51.08 in prelims. Finnerty’s time is the third-fastest in program history.Senior Levi Brock will swim in the Consolation Final of the event after posting a time of 1:53.17. Brock’s mark is the ninth-fastest in school history.200 ButterflyVini Lanza will be the No. 4 seed for Saturday night’s Championship Final of the 200 butterfly after touching the wall with a time of 1:40.39. Lanza’s time is the second-fastest in IU history.400 Freestyle RelayThe IU 400 freestyle relay team of Mohamed Samy, Blake Pieroni, Bruno Blaskovic and Ali Khalafalla set the Big Ten and school record in prelims, qualifying as the No. 2 seed for the Championship Final with a time of 2:47.11.Platform DiveIn the prelims of the platform dive, Andrew Capobianco qualified fifth overall for the Championship Final with a score of 422.60.Capobianco, the only freshman in the country to qualify for all three events, scored in each for the Hoosiers, including Championship Final appearances in the 3-meter and platform.The No. 3-ranked Indiana University Hoosiers will conclude competition at the 2018 NCAA Championships on Saturday evening with the finals of the 1,650 freestyle, 200 backstrokes, 100 freestyle, 200 breaststrokes, 200 butterflies, 400 freestyle relay, and platform dive. Action gets underway at the Jean K. Freeman Aquatic Center at 7:00 p.m. ET.Be sure to keep up with all the latest news on the Indiana men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams on social media – Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.200 BackstrokeMohamed Samy – 1:40.01 (Consolation Final)Gabriel Fantoni – 1:41.13100 FreestyleBlake Pieroni – 41.16 (Championship Final; Big Ten Record, School Record)Bruno Blaskovic – 41.99 (Consolation Final; Personal-Best)200 BreaststrokeIan Finnerty – 1:51.08 (Championship Final)Levi Brock – 1:53.17 (Consolation Final)200 ButterflyVini Lanza – 1:40.39 (Championship Final)400 Freestyle RelayMohamed Samy, Blake Pieroni, Bruno Blaskovic, Ali Khalafalla – 2:47.11 (Championship Final; Big Ten Record, School Record)Platform DiveAndrew Capobianco – 422.60 (Championship Final) FacebookTwitterCopy LinkEmail
With their offensive woes still plaguing them, the (0-4) Knights were hoping to get things jump started as they took on the (3-0-1) Wizards in the JCC of Bayonne Indoor Soccer Jr. Division. After another strong start on defense, the Knights inability to muster points once again sealed their fate. With almost 20 scoreless minutes on the clock, the Wizards offense began to gain ground as Christian Benson drilled in two quick goals off assists by Ereny Gabreal and Amy Gabreal. Trailing 2-0, the Knights tried to ramp things up by sending Nathan Caballero, Aviv Talmor, Joyce Gabreal, and Amir Asouti into the Wizards’ zone but brilliant goal tending by David Matos, Anthony Baez, and Sebastian Echeverry kept the Knights advance scoreless. With their net under lockdown, the Wizards surged in two more goals as Amy Gabreal and Christian Benson put their squad up 4-0. Still hoping to get on the board, the Knights had their chances as Vedant Gopalan and Louai Asouti lent their talents to the offensive ranks but once again the Wizards’ defense hunkered down to preserve the 4-0 victory.
Life in the realm of financial services is really challenging. Incredible, scary and daunting changes appear one after another, and leaders wonder how to handle them. The world is changing so quickly that we sometimes stagger under the complexity and uncertainties. Stability is gone. Relentless change is the norm.What can we do?Chart a New CourseEmbark on a road to discovering new ideas that will improve the future of your organization and members. This requires taking chances. Decision-making is filled with uncertainty. Even if safeguards for turning back are built into the process, leadership calls for forward movement—there is little room for second-guessing.Here are four key principles to help navigate your credit union through uncertainty and overcome the challenges of pursuing something new. continue reading » 1SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr